Have you ever harbored a desire to play Donkey Kong as your favorite sci-fi movie character like Luke Skywalker, Ellen Ripley, or Jack Burton? That dream, I’m happy to report, is now tantalizingly close and within reach. To wit, Donkey Me, a series of unsanctioned — but very much welcome — expansion packs from “casual and independent” game designer Bruno R. Marcos. Promising cinematic “platform action”, it swaps out the gorilla for iconic movie goons and Mario with some of the 70’s and 80’s most memorable on-screen heroes. Tapping into two deep wellsprings of pop culture nostalgia, it is a recipe for pure, unadulterated geek gold. Watch this clip for more details!
3. Embedded below: screen grabs that show off some of the levels that will be included with the game.
- Donald Trump slammed the CIA after reports that the agency believes Russia used hacks to try to help him win.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- Fire investigators have ruled out a refrigerator as the cause of a warehouse fire that killed 36 people in Oakland, California.
- The world's oldest known breeding seabird just laid another egg. Her name is Wisdom and she's 66 🐦