1. Entwined with rope and roses (hey-o), Mom is celebrated here as an anchor and steadying influence.
2. Mom as a ruffled potato chip? Mom as a ruffled potato chip!
3. Nailed it!
4. This is how you parent.
5. On a related note, here's a cover of "The New Yorker" from 1993, as illustrated by Art Speigelman. It's been cited as a tipping point in the tattoo’s long and winding acceptance into the mainstream.
6. Better living through chemistry?
7. The script's font is "ambigram" and the effect is oddly hypnotizing.
8. Mom as the nurse, with the power to heal, protect, and safeguard.
9. Dagger laced through heart, with a pencil-thin, Art Deco script.
10. A second piece with Deco properties. Brillz!
11. Heart topped with flame, a common element in tattoo design, repurposed here for Mom.
12. Streaked with bands of red, yellow, and black, Mom takes the form here of a graceful robin.
13. The symbolism here is lost on me. Anyone care to explain this below?
14. Wear your heart on your sleeve.
15. No gallery of tattoos would be complete without a skull-themed entry.
16. It's the thought that counts.
17. And I leave you with this guy...
Got a Mom tattoo that you'd like to share? Add it in the comments below!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!