1. A video that Angus Givens made is getting tons of shares online, hailed as an example of how young kids need to be raised. First, there’s about 30 seconds of flexing and muscle talk.
He can do 50 pull-ups. I can’t do three pull-ups, with or without assistance.
2. And then the good stuff starts when the boy and his uncle engage in a rapid fire call-and-response session on strength, respect, hard work, and self-love, messages that many feel aren’t given to young black kids. Givens asks his nephew, “What are you?”
11. Watch the whole video below, memorize it, and say it to yourself in the mirror every morning.
- President Obama will become the first sitting U.S. president to visit Hiroshima since the atomic bomb was dropped there 71 years ago.
- Eleven U.S. states are suing the Obama administration for telling schools to let trans students use the bathroom of their choice.
- Good news, Canadians: If you buy medical marijuana legally, you can now get same-day delivery right to your door in Toronto and Calgary 🍁