1. A video that Angus Givens made is getting tons of shares online, hailed as an example of how young kids need to be raised. First, there’s about 30 seconds of flexing and muscle talk.
He can do 50 pull-ups. I can’t do three pull-ups, with or without assistance.
2. And then the good stuff starts when the boy and his uncle engage in a rapid fire call-and-response session on strength, respect, hard work, and self-love, messages that many feel aren’t given to young black kids. Givens asks his nephew, “What are you?”
11. Watch the whole video below, memorize it, and say it to yourself in the mirror every morning.
- Iraq's prime minister has ordered the arrest of protesters who breached Baghdad's fortified "Green Zone" and occupied the parliament building.
- Around 100 people drowned this past weekend after two migrant vessels went down in the Mediterranean sea.
- And elephants performed for the last time at Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey after years of protest from animal advocates 🐘