I don't know about you, but on any given day, this is what I look like sitting at my desk at work:
Posture can seriously affect your health and your mood, so if you're looking to improve yours (it's possible!), here are some clever tricks from a recent Reddit thread to try throughout your day.
1. If you sit at a desk all day, draw a stick figure on a Post-It and put it in a spot that you glance at frequently.
2. Try to associate a posture check with something you do regularly throughout the day, like checking your phone or walking through a doorway.
3. With your shirt off, have someone place tape tightly across your shoulders.
4. And if you don't want tape on your back, check out Nekoze, an app that uses your Mac’s camera to keep an eye on your posture.
5. Another app: Perfect Posture Workout, which guides you through a quick and easy standing exercise.
6. Try not to bend your head down to look at your phone.
7. Adjust the backrest of your chair to support your low- and mid-back, or get yourself a back pillow.
8. And adjust your rearview mirror a bit higher so you have to sit a little taller while driving.
9. While sitting, relax your shoulders and keep your forearms parallel to the ground.
10. Try not to sit in the same position for long periods of time.
11. Inhale deeply, and allow your back and shoulders to straighten. When you exhale, keep them in that same position.
12. Keep one or both hands in your back pockets when you're just standing around.
13. And remember the phrase "walk like you're wearing a cape."
Now get out there and stop that slouch!
Some submissions have been edited lightly for length/clarity.