A recent Reddit post asked users, "What 'I know it sounds weird, but just try it' thing do you swear by?" Here are some of their best responses.
1. If you always second-guess whether you locked the door or turned the oven off, say the action out loud while you do it.
2. Put your keys on top of something you don't want to forget, like that lunch you packed for work.
3. Open a bag of chips upside down — all the flavor is chillin' at the bottom.
4. Wet your pizza before reheating it in the microwave so the crust doesn't get chewy.
5. Freeze some grapes and then stick them in a glass of wine like ice.
6. When you're congested, push your tongue against the roof of your mouth and the bottom of your palm against your forehead to clear your sinuses.
7. When you have the hiccups, take a deep breath and, while holding it, swallow.
8. After a shot of vodka, sniff a loaf of bread to ease the burn.
9. Speaking of shots, have some pickle juice after a night of drinking to ease your hangover.
10. Add a pinch of salt in your coffee to cut the bitterness.
11. Add a little lemonade to a cup of root beer.
12. Put marshmallows on top of a burger.
13. After working with garlic, rub your hands with salt.
14. If your hands need some TLC, stick 'em inside a bag of uncooked rice.
15. Make like a cat and lie in a sun spot on the floor when you need to relax.
16. Take a sip of water before you put the pill in your mouth.
17. And carry a fresh pair of socks with you when you know you'll be on your feet all day.
Submissions have been edited lightly for length/clarity.