Autumn is clearly the best season. This is simply and obviously true. Look at the evidence:
• Everything turns brilliant colours.
• You get to wear comfortable knitwear again.
• The nights start drawing in which means lots of snuggling up by fires with a book, or having an excuse to start drinking early. Or both tbh.
• Good shows start coming back on television.
• You start getting proper weather like wind and rain after all that unbearable sunshine.
• You know that holidays are not far away, but they're not yet close enough to get stressed about.
• Everything is wonderful and romantic and slightly sad because everything is dying but mostly romantic.
• WALKING THROUGH BIG PILES OF LEAVES IS THE BEST THING.
If Autumn were a person it would be your best friend; the reliable and wise one you turn to in times of trouble, the one you share the good times and the bad with, the one who you're always happy to welcome into your home. Also if Autumn were a person they would look great in a scarf and would constantly bring you big piles of leaves, which is basically all you want from a friend.
Basically what we're saying is ALL HAIL AUTUMN.