1. BBC News presenter Simon McCoy made a bit of an error this morning, mistaking a pack of photocopier paper for his iPad.
Always grab your office supplies before going on-air. BBC news reader appears to be holding a ream of paper.
2. But as it was live, Mr. McCoy bravely soldiered on, presenting a piece to camera on police proposals for “drunk tanks” while holding a load of paper, because he is a professional.
3. Admire the calm and unflappable nature of his body language.
4. Mr. McCoy, we salute you.
Earlier today @simonmccoy picked up a packet of photocopied paper thinking that it was his iPad live on air. REALLY.
5. The BBC even released a statement about the photocopier paper incident, because it is the BBC, telling the Press Association:
This morning as Simon McCoy was preparing to introduce this story, instead of picking up his tablet to hold as he went to air, he mistakenly picked up a ream of paper that was sitting next to it.
In the rush of live news, he didn’t have an opportunity to swap the items, so simply went with it.