Although it's common, nobody really wants thrush, so they are a number of simple things you can do to help prevent it. Here's what Dr Vanessa Mackay recommends:
- Drink lots of water.
- Do not rinse or clean inside the vagina.
- Avoid vaginal deodorants, bubble baths, or perfumed soaps and shower gels.
- Try not to wear nylon underwear, tights, or tight-fitting trousers.
- Change to a nonbiological washing powder.
- Take care with genital hygiene and wipe from front to back.
- Avoid intercourse until all symptoms have disappeared as this will encourage the lining of the vagina to heal.