17 Secrets Your Hair Stylist Wants You To Know
We don’t expect tips, but it’s always a bonus.
Hairdressers are probably the cheapest therapists you’ll ever get. They leave us looking and feeling amazing every time.
So we asked them to share some hairdressing secrets with us, and they did.
1. You don't need to wash your hair before you come to the salon.
2. Depending on your hair length, you can go up to 12 weeks between haircuts.
3. You don't actually need to buy matching shampoo and conditioner.
4. No tip is too small.
5. Blow-drying your hair every day is not that bad.
6. Always get your hair relaxed by a professional.
7. We can tell when you cba to talk.
8. It's fine to bring a picture, but please be realistic.
9. It's OK to use box hair dye. Kinda.
10. You only need to wash afro hair once every seven to ten days.
11. You only need to use purple shampoo once a week.
12. You shouldn't leave your weave in for longer than 12 weeks.
13. You should deep-condition your hair after every wash.
14. Use a silk pillow or scarf when sleeping.
15. A salon blow-dry is definitely worth the money.
16. But a salon treatment can be done at home.
17. It's OK to tell us you don't like your new hair.
Keep up with the latest daily buzz with the BuzzFeed Daily newsletter!