Before we begin, make sure you're home alone...
Turn off the lights...
Here are some signs that might indicate your place is haunted.
1. You hear footsteps when no one is there.
2. Objects disappear and reappear in unexpected places.
3. A foul odor comes from nowhere and then disappears.
4. You feel you're being watched...
5. And perceive an unknown presence.
6. Doors slam unaccountably.
7. Lights turn on and off.
8. You hear knocks on the walls...
9. As well as scratching sounds.
10. Doors, cabinets, and cupboards open and close by themselves.
11. Electronic devices start operating by themselves.
12. You see shadows out of the corner of your eyes.
13. Your dog freaks out over something you can't see.
14. Your cat stares at a certain spot, then hisses and bolts from the room.
15. A child tells you they see someone that you can't.
If any of the above happens, you're still in a safe area, and should rule out any rational explanations.
The following phenomena are very rare, but could be stronger evidence of a haunting.
16. You hear whispers at night...
17. And someone crying or whimpering.
18. Sometimes you hear music from an unknown source.
19. There are unexplained handprints on the walls.
20. You sense there's someone else when you sleep.
21. You wake up out of your bed...
22. Or you are dragged out of it.
23. You feel something touching you.
24. You experience severe psychokinetic phenomena.
25. You see a physical manifestation of a spirit...
26. Or some sort of human form that looked as real and solid as any living person.
If any of the above ever happens to you...
Your place is definitely haunted.
And you should move out immediately!
You never know what could be lurking under your bed at night...
Better not to find out.
Goodbye, good night, sleep tight!
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!