1. J.R. Martinez’s Inspirational Timex Story
J.R. Martinez, American hero, is training with Timex Ironman® Run Trainer GPS to run the ING New York City Marathon on November 4th.
Running the marathon for Timex is J.R.’s next big step in an already inspirational journey. Back in 2003, J.R. Martinez overcame the odds to survive after having 34% of his body burned during a truck explosion while serving in Iraq. While it would have been easy for J.R. to feel sorry for himself, he chose a different route. J.R. chose to inspire others with his story of survival.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Scientists and supporters marched to fight against perceived hostility from Trump — with delightfully nerdy signs 🤓
- North Korea threatened Australia with a nuclear strike over its alliance with the United States.
- The police officer killed by a terrorist on the Champs-Élysées in Paris is being remembered as a defender of LGBT rights and a patriot.
- In 2014, #Girlboss became the woman's career bible. Now, Sophia Amoruso is doubling down on career-focused feminism with a new company.