1. Front Door: 34% of Break-Ins
Most break-ins occur here, so invest in a solid, pick-resistant deadbolt lock (and remember to lock it!). An added step: Keep your outdoor entry light on a timer so it illuminates your house at night.
Smartkey, $30; Kwikset
2. First-Floor Windows: 23% of Break-Ins
You’ll need sash locks, of course, but easy-to-reach windows should get double protection. This wireless alarm system sounds off every time a window is opened to scare away would-be intruders.
GE Wireless Alarm System kit with 3 battery-operated alarms, $30; Jasco Products
3. Side Entry: 22% of Break-Ins
If you have sliding glass doors, install a solid metal jammer that folds up when not in use to keep them from being lifted off their tracks.
Adjustable Security Bar, $30; Improvements
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Donald Trump was sworn in today as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Over 200 people were arrested as anti-Trump protesters and police clashed in Washington, DC, during the inauguration.
- As one of his first acts as president, Donald Trump announced the end of certain Obama administration climate and pollution rules.
- Flights around the country are packed with pink as people stream into Washington, DC, for the Women's March, happening the day after Donald Trump's inauguration 👩❤️👩