4. Sell Lemonade with the Kids
When the sun is hot and kids are bored, there’s nothing better to get them motivated than a project that comes with a built-in reward. Building this old-fashioned lemonade stand is sure to spark some creative interest, along with a bit of entrepreneurial spirit.
5. Create a Backyard for Playing Games
If you build it, they will come. But to effect this kind of leisure-time loyalty, you need some sophisticated games, games of skill and strategy, games once played by warriors and kings—games like bocce, horseshoes, and croquet. See how to get your backyard ready for the next big tournament!
6. Grow Fruits and Vegetables Anywhere
You don’t need a backyard farm to enjoy the tangy flavor of just-picked blueberries or the juicy sweetness of vine-ripened tomatoes still warm from the sun. Strategize right, and you can grow a lot of food in a tiny space, even in full view of your neighbors. See these 10 tips to get started!
7. Build a Potting Bench
Even if you love gardening, repotting plants or dividing flats can feel like a real chore if you have to scavenge for supplies in the dark corners of the garage. Park them on a dedicated workstation, however, and you’ll never waste time hunting them down again. Construct our simple, three-tier potting bench and keep your favorite hand tools right at your fingertips.
8. Put Landscape Lighting on Your Front Walkway
Enhance the nighttime curb appeal of your home—and add a measure of safety and security—with low-voltage landscape lighting. Install these exterior-grade fixtures along walkways and driveways, or illuminate steps, trees, stonewalls, fences and other prominent landscape features.
BONUS: Enter for your chance at more than half a million dollars in prizes, including appliances, cabinets, kitchen and bath fixtures, tools, flooring, and more!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Jared Kushner, President Trump's son-in-law and adviser, has volunteered to testify in the Senate about his multiple meetings with the Russian ambassador.
- Attorney General Sessions threatened to block money to so-called sanctuary cities that don't help deport undocumented immigrants with criminal records.
- Trump may have initially blamed Democrats for Friday's failed health care bill, but it took only two days for him to start blaming Republicans, too.
- After stopping three girls from boarding a plane for wearing leggings, United Airlines is getting mocked by everyone from Chrissy Teigen to Delta ✈️ 👀