1. Supreme Court To Hear Anti-Contraception Case
2. IN WITH THE NEW, OUT WITH THE OLD - THE MILLENNIALS
The Obama healthcare law, known as the Affordable Care Act, requires coverage of “contraceptive methods,” but not drugs which cause an abortion - that is, end pregnancy.
Medical groups including the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists as well as federal health agencies say pregnancy begins with implantation. That’s what allows James Trussell of Princeton University, an expert on reproductive health, to say that emergency contraception “won’t cause an abortion in the legal and medical sense of the word.”
That infuriates people who believe life and pregnancy begin with fertilization. “There is a segment of the medical field that says there isn’t a human life until the baby has implanted,” said Dr Kathleen Raviele, an ob-gyn in Tucker, Georgia, and spokeswoman for the Catholic Medical Association. The group supports Hobby Lobby and Conestoga. “You have two groups talking past each other.”
MORE HERE: http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/11/us-
This just in: A Virginia State Senator just called pregnant women “hosts.” He said, ‘I’m not going to assume a right to kill it just because the child’s host (some refer to them as mothers) doesn’t want it.”
And coming from the party who brought us “legitimate rape” and “binders full of women,” the GOP has proven once again that they’re just totally out of touch with women.
But this guy, Steve Martin, is only just saying what Republicans around the country think. That women are second class citizens who shouldn’t be responsible for managing their own body.
EMILY’s List wants to help more pro-choice Democratic women get elected to public office at all levels of government, from the Virginia State Senate, to the White House so women can be in charge of their own bodies and their health decisions. Add your name to join EMILY’s List and Daily Kos to help stop the GOP.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. It is also not paid advertising. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- The Pentagon is investigating Trump's former national security adviser over payments he received from Russia-linked groups.
- "We can never apologize enough." United released its report on the plane dragging incident, and outlined changes it'll make to prevent similar issues.
- John McCain and Trump were supposed to be sworn enemies. But now the president may hire some of his former aides 🤗
- "The Real Housewives" has remained a cultural force for over a decade by reinventing itself. But has the show peaked? 👠 🔥