1. There are few things that have more innocent, nostalgic appeal than 1990’s fan sites. Let’s take this AMAZING Backstreet Boys site for example:
Yes, you read that right—there’s even a guest book.
2. Let’s scroll down and see what we find!
In case you can’t read the blue-on-black text, it says: “If you see something you like, please feel free to take it and use it. You don’t have to ask for permission. If there are any broken links or pictures, please tell me in my guest book! Thanks! =- ) And while you’re at the sit, KEEP THE BACKSTREET PRIDE ALIVE!!!!”
3. Beneath that is a text bar that automatically scrolls and then a section for a “quote of the month” contest. The winner purportedly got a shout out on the greatest website ever!
And I’m not being sarcastic, this website is amazing. It’s almost like a time machine.
4. So, what’s new?
5. Here’s the navigation bar for the site. As you can see, I couldn’t help myself and checked out some of the sections before taking a screenshot.
The site’s admin also updated the band’s current girlfriends on September 12 (probably 1999 since that’s the year “Millennium” came out).
6. Here’s the second half of the menu, as well as some links
7. Here’s the bottom of the front page. At the time of posting, 108,766 people had visited the site.
8. When I tried to sign/view the guestbook, I got this :(
9. This is probably my favorite section of the site…
10. Words are weapons…
- A Kansas man shot three people after allegedly yelling "get out of my country." He believed two of the victims were Middle Eastern, however they were not.
- The substance used to assassinate the half-brother of North Korea's leader has been identified as VX nerve agent, a chemical listed as a weapon of mass destruction.
- Former Rep. Gabrielle Giffords told Congress to "face your constituents," after a congressman used her 2011 shooting as justification for not holding a town hall.