5. The opening cinematic is pretty amazing too. It’s the Citizen Kane of cereal-box game cutscenes.
So, the plot is that aliens (Flemoids) from another dimension are subsisting off of magic breakfast nutrients on this one colony. The nutrients make these microscopic beings into big, threatening slimeball things. It’s up to YOU to rescue the colonists and stop the Flemoids or else the breakfast universe—one where people are made of donuts, Kix, Cheerios and, of course, Chex—will perish.
14. But, eventually, the Chex Quest fun came to an end. You saved the stranded colonists and defeated the evil flemoids!
16. Yes, Chex would eventually make a sequel, but it didn’t never captured the magic of the original.
Few understand the magic the original Chex Quest had. The generation that grew up before us never had a calling to play video games and therefore are incapable of understanding it. The generation growing up after us has branded content on iPads and other tables. Games like Chex Quest are bizarre and hokey to them. Ultimately, Chex Quest will likely fall into obscurity. I can only hope that this one post delayed that terrible fate.
- US intelligence officials issued repeated warnings to European allies about attacks by Russian state-backed hackers, but it was too little, too late.
- Rudy Giuliani is no longer being considered for a position in the Trump administration. Trump says the former NYC mayor withdrew his name.
- Fire investigators have ruled out a refrigerator as the cause of a warehouse fire that killed 36 people in Oakland, California.
- People are in love with a dog who rides around in a decked out dog car spreading Christmas cheer to hospital patients 🐶🎄