2. The oldest dog was 29 years old.
The longest-lived dog, according to the Guinness Book of World Records, was an
Australian Cattle Dog, named Bluey, who lived to be 29. That’s 203 in dog years!
3. Dogs can learn a language.
Can you communicate with your dog? Well Rico the Border Collie was able to learn 200 English words.
9. Three dogs at the head of the class…
The world’s smartest dogs are thought to be (1) the border collie, (2) the poodle, and (3) the golden retriever. Do you agree?
10. Dogs keep you happier and living longer.
This is a no brainer for animal lovers, but it has been established that people who own pets live longer, have less stress, and have fewer heart attacks. And we all know that a dog’s love is the best medicine.
Craving more pet facts?
Be sure to tune into The Pet Collective’s new series Pet Lab and learn some fun and wacky tidbits about the animals in your life. And you never know, Dr. Mustache may answer one of your questions on an episode!
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers in the evening brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 28.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the massive Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight" 🙊
- The trans sister of a Trump inauguration singer must be allowed to use the restroom that fits her gender ID, a judge ruled.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝