1. Is Your Friend Netflixted?
1) Do they talk about TV characters like they’re friends?
2) Has their skin taken on a yellow-y and/or translucent tint from so much screen time?
3) Do they watch Netflix when doing other activities (i.e. sitting in class, cooking a meal, attending a funeral)?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, it’s time you held a Netflix Intervention.
We’ve prepared a letter for you to read to your Netflixted friend, just fill in your personal information, and you’ll be ready.
Dear (their name here),
It’s me. Your friend, (your name here). We are all here today because we care. You have a problem .You have an addiction. A Netsflixion.
At first, I didn’t think it was a big deal. It seemed like just a social thing, a way to relax after a long day. Besides, we all watch Netflix. But you were different. Soon you were watching it all the time, and now it’s like you can’t stop.
It’s affecting your performance at (work/school/the community kickball league). Our (boss/professor/team captain) can tell that you’re actually watching Netflix instead of (doing work/taking notes/guarding second base). You’re one of my best friends. But this netsflixted person is not my best friend. (He/She) is a monster.
When was the last time you didn’t hit “Next Episode” at the end of a video? You watched all (11/20/38/) seasons of (Cheers/Law and Order/SNL) in one weekend. Don’t you see how’s that unhealthy?
I knew for sure you needed help when I saw (Troll 2/ Earth Girls Are Easy/anything starring Paris Hilton) as your Recently Watched movies. That’s not my (their name here). That’s not my (their name here) at all.
In conclusion, we are are here today to help. You are better than this. I believe in you.
With Love, (your name here).
Of course, you never know how they’re going to react.
They could accept they have a problem.
They could feel totally blindsided.
They could even walk out.
But hopefully, they will always come back to this.
- The man suspected of shooting and killing five people in a Washington mall is now in custody, officials said.
- Charlotte police have released video of Keith Lamont Scott's shooting and photos of a gun they say he had loaded.
- Kim Kardashian said she is voting for Hillary Clinton after being quoted saying she was "on the fence."