1. It's totally fine to ditch your diet sometimes.
2. Know what kind of romantic relationship you want.
3. Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.
4. Own your embarrassment, people will respect you for it.
5. There's nothing wrong with waiting to meet someone you really like.
6. It's alright to be nervous on your first day of school/a new job.
7. If you're bad with remembering peoples' names, try repetition.
8. If you're feeling overwhelmed, take a deep breath.
9. Use your social media wisely.
10. Embrace your inner child.
11. Take pride in your accomplishments.
12. Give yourself permission to have alone time.
13. Always ask for help if you don't understand something.
14. Don't waste your time on people who don't treat you with respect.
15. Don't settle for less than what you really want.
16. Pay no attention to negative chit-chat.
17. If you're feeling lonely, talk to someone about it.
18. Meet each new day head-on.
19. Value good hygeine.
20. Don't put too much value in conventional behavior.
21. Don't sweat the small stuff.
22. There's always time for a snack.
23. Let your hair down.
24. Always count to 10 before you lose your cool.
25. It's OK to make mistakes.
26. The weather is always a safe conversation topic.
27. Sometimes words fail, and that's alright.
28. Most rules are made to be broken.
29. There's always time for a dance break.
30. Don't take sh*t from other people.
31. Your friends will always understand your weirdness.
32. Stretching daily is a great way to stay limber.
33. Don't bottle up your emotions.
34. It's OK to ask for the things you want in life.
35. Laugh as much as you can every day.
36. It's important to be empathetic towards others.
37. Only date people who "get" you.
38. Sometimes you gotta let your freak flag fly.
39. Hold others to the same standards you hold yourself to.
40. Wear your heart on your sleeve.
41. Let people know you appreciate them.
42. Make time for the people you care about.
43. Say what's on your mind, even when it's difficult.
44. Value the friends you don't have to filter yourself around.
45. Self-reflection and meditation are great ways to stay in touch with what you value in life.
46. Always be open to meeting new people.
47. Do your best to stay in touch with old friends.
48. Set boundaries in your personal and professional relationships.
49. Table manners are overrated. Enjoy your food.
50. Your friends' opinions are usually the most honest.
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!