14 Things New Parents Want You To Know
"I’m sorry if my baby cries when they see you or you hold them! It’s nothing personal!"
1. Always give them a call or text before you come over.
2. And ask them before you share a picture of their baby on social media.
3. Be thoughtful about the advice you give them.
4. They're still alive and want to hang out with you (when they can, of course).
5. It's also nice to invite them to things, even if they — and you — know they can't go.
6. They won't wake their baby up if he or she is napping when you visit.
7. And they definitely will prioritize their baby's schedule over theirs or yours.
8. Don't be offended if their baby cries when you're around.
9. They appreciate a heads-up about any gifts you're going to buy for their child.
10. Offering help without being asked is basically the nicest thing you can do.
11. And be specific with the kind of help you're willing to do.
12. It means a lot to them if you make yourself useful while you're hanging out with them.
13. Don't share news about them or their new baby without their consent.
14. And yes, they may be slow and forgetful, but it's because they're so damn tired.
Some responses have been lightly edited for length or clarity.