1. A Norelco Christmas (1980)
Animation didn’t really progress much in the 80’s did it?
2. E.T. Christmas (1981)
Wow. Worst. Christmas. Ever.
3. Kentucky Fried Chicken Christmas (Early 1980’s)
Oh, no thank you, bland obvious marketing ploy, I’m fine.
4. An M&M’s Christmas (1982)
The first in the long-standing M&M-Christmas relationship
5. McDonald’s Ice Skating Christmas Commercial (1983)
Ice skating is the most melodramatic of the sports isn’t it?
6. Folger’s Coffee “Peter Comes Home For Christmas” (1984)
I can’t hear the mother’s voice without associating it to Wendy’s in “Hook”. I always expect the next words out of her mouth to be, “Oh, Peter! You’ve become a pirate.”
7. Kraft T.V. Special Recipes (Mid-1980’s)
“You start with apple sauces pecans and cinnamon THEN heat Cheeze Whiz brand processed cheese spead the marvelous microwave in a minute cheese spread. Add to apple sauce mixture and serve with red and green apples and pears.” Damn Gina! Remember Parkay margarine and Lender’s Bagels?
8. A Polaroid Christmas (1986)
You know what he looks like, right? Who cares?
9. McDonalds Star Wish Christmas (1987)
The first Christmas commercial I remember seeing.
10. 7-UP Christmas (1987)
The commercial takes on depth when you realize that 7-Up is boiling hot
11. A Nabisco Christmas (1987)
Boy, lucky holiday coincidence for Nabisco, huh?
12. Fruity Pebbles Christmas (1987)
The gold-standard of Christmas cereal commercials.
13. M&Ms Christmas Ad (1987)
Red AND Green?
14. Crunch Berries Christmas (1988)
I think this was one of the first ad’s for Crunch berries actually. Of all the gimmicks I’m shocked this one stuck, but I could also say the same for ecto-cooler.
15. A 7-Up Christmas (1988)
That phone at the end is the first-place trophy at the hipster olympics.
16. Pizza Hut and the solar shades (1989)
I mean, that’s what we’re wearing now, right? In the future. We wear those? Now? Right?
17. Kellogs Cornflakes Christmas Ad (Late 80’s)
That older brother makes viral videos about Saving Private Ryan now.
18. CookieCrisp Commercial, Christmas Edition (1989)
I love the look of the 80’s/90’s commercials. I alway thought a show would come out with that look, but it never happened. Too expensive?
19. A Honey Nut Cheerio’s Christmas (1989)
The gold-standard of Christmas cereal commercials starring bees. Literally the same exact plot as the Fruity Pebbles one. Cereal warms hearts.
20. Duracell Christmas Commercial (1990)
Did those not chargers not work? We still have a old Duracell box at my house that we use to check our batteries on to this day.
21. Campbells Snowman Commercial (1991)
I thought this was much older. I would have guessed like 82’?
22. Jello Jiggers (1992)
It’s like eating soft glass.
23. Nestle Dog Commerical … Chocolate (1992)
… chocolate. Classic line.
24. A Sega Genesis Christmas (1992)
Now those kids stay at home and play DoDA.
25. Coca Cola (1992)
First on the list, but not the last.
26. Hallmark Christmas Commercial Epic (1993)
Two-and-a-half-minutes? You go, Hallmark! P.s. Tom’s a dick.
27. An Oreo Christmas (1994)
You couldn’t just pocket’em and throw’em away outside? Is there a rule where Santa has to eat whatever you put on a plate?
28. Budweiser Christmas (1995)
Blah, Blah, Horses, Blah, Blah.
29. Hershey’s Kisses (1996)
Again, thought it was older. Don’t care for this one actually. At least it’s fast.
30. A Nintendo 64 Christmas (1998)
Then: Hated it. Now: Love it. Am I more mature or less?
31. Coca Cola Polar Bears (1999)
“Polar bears … shouldn’t give this … to their babies.” - Stan Smith, “American Dad”, chugging a whole can.
32. Coca Cola Mistletoe (2000)
Is this the world’s most attractive high school dance or what?
33. Coca Cola Trucks (2001)
I remember there being a surprise ending. There isn’t.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- And do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz 💯
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at