1. Your parents could not understand how much happiness a ball of fluff could bring to one human.
2. And even if they did have a heart, you were told owning one was too expensive.
3. But you were resilient: you offered to take care of it and pitch in your entire piggybank savings.
4. You even pulled out some of your best tricks.
5. And they still said no.
6. Or, you were allergic AND IT JUST WASN'T FAIR.
7. You vicariously lived through friends who were lucky enough to have a pet.
8. And gleefully offered to take care of it when their families went away on vacation.
ALL MINE...for the week.
9. You watched the other kids in the neighborhood walk their dogs from afar.
10. And thought it was ridiculous that kids with multiple pets couldn't just share.
Shut up, Paris.