Skip To Content
    Posted on Nov 24, 2014

    Phew: Jessie J And Ariana Grande Will Not Remake "The Boy Is Mine"

    *Takes a deep breath.*

    Earlier this month, news emerged that Jessie J and Ariana Grande would remake Brandy and Monica's iconic '98 duet "The Boy Is Mine".

    Legendary producer Rodney "Darkchild" Jenkins broke the news in an interview with HITS Daily Double.

    The response to the news was pretty unambiguous.

    Well, you can breathe a sigh of relief because it looks like it may not happen.

    Jerkins apparently spoke too soon, as Jessie J said she hadn't agreed to the proposed remake at the AMA's on Sunday.

    Getty Images / Frederick M. Brown

    "It's not true — neither of us have agreed," she told the Mirror on the awards' red carpet that night. "Sadly, people are believing it. I spoke to Brandy and I was like, 'no it's not happening'. Monica and Brandy are the best."

    Perhaps everyone involved should heed the words of Brandy and Monica themselves circa 2012 — when it comes to the 1998 classic: It all belongs to them.

    View this video on YouTube

    youtube.com