22 Beauty Firsts Every '00s Girl Went Through Growing Up
It was a time of square-tipped false nails, over-plucked eyebrows, and frosted eyeshadow.
1. Gluing square-tipped false nails to your real ones.
Even though you knew it would ruin your real nails, you did it anyway.
2. Slathering Johnson's Holiday Skin over your body before you went to bed every night without fail.
3. Waiting 30 minutes for your Babyliss 3-in-1s to heat up.
4. Saving up for GHDs, only to use them every day for a decade.
You even knew how to curl your hair with your straighteners.
5. Covering your hair (and mirror) in Lee Stafford Poker Straight heat protection spray.
6. Managing to burn a suspicious love bite-style mark onto your neck with your GHDs.
7. Slathering your lips in Juicy Tubes so that your hair stuck to it whenever it was remotely windy.
8. Outlining your whole eyes in Bad Gal eyeliner by Benefit.
9. Giving yourself a Tipp-Ex French manicure, maybe with a diamanté if you were feeling fancy.
10. Experimenting with pastel shades of frosted Barry M eyeshadow.
11. Applying concealer to your lips.
12. Giving yourself very stripey highlights from a Superdrug packet.
The more obvious the contrast between the colours was, the better.
13. Plucking your eyebrows to the thickness of one hair along the entire brow.
14. Getting through a tub of Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse every week.
15. Applying at least five layers of mascara to your eyelashes.
16. Covering yourself in Glow by JLo, Curious by Britney Spears, or Just Me by Paris Hilton.
The sweeter the perfume, the more you were into it.
17. Covering your chest in Urban Decay body powder.
18. Applying Cotton Candy Lip Smacker lip balm to your lips every 10 minutes.
19. Using Impluse or So... Kiss Me? body spray, sometimes at the same time, after every sports lesson.
You basically used very sweet smelling body spray instead of deodorant.