1. Yesterday I did karaoke in a very small room with five TOWIE cast members and my friend Rob.
Why did this happen? Why were we there? WILL I EVER HAVE THAT MUCH FUN AGAIN?
Here are some things I discovered:
2. Doing karaoke with a bunch of strangers is painfully awkward.
And although it kind of felt like the TOWIE cast were being treated like performing monkeys, they handled it extremely well. Jasmin was the first person to take to the microphone and soon had everyone up and singing.
3. But nothing gets a room of people on their feet like a bit of S Club 7.
4. The song book at Karaoke Box lists all bands starting with "The" under "T", which is a very strange thing to do.
5. This clip really doesn't do them justice, but most of the cast sounded like they'd had musical theatre training.
6. Jess also has a great voice.
And she offered my friend Rob a lift home. What a babe.
7. James gets confused very easily.
He also winks at people when he meets them, which is confusing and exciting in equal measure.
8. Jasmin is the nicest girl in the whole world and I want her to be my best friend.
She's funny, interesting and one of those people who instantly makes you feel at ease.
9. Sometimes the cast are only given 20 minutes notice before filming.
Even if they're in bed. They just have to get up and go.
10. I am 100 times less tanned, 100 stone heavier and my teeth are 100 times less white than everyone in TOWIE.
11. Bobby's phone case is decorated with a caricature of Bobby.
12. TOWIE is less scripted than we all think.
13. And until last night, Bobby thought Phantom Of The Opera was a Disney film.
14. But what really struck me was how incredibly nice the TOWIE lot are.
They weren't arrogant, or stupid or any of the other bad things often associated with scripted reality stars. They're just a group of normal people who have slightly weird jobs.