1. Square-tipped French manicures.
2. Playboy belly rings and phone charms.
In 2006, nothing was cooler than the good old Playboy bunny. It's a real travesty that belly rings and phone charms didn't make a comeback in 2016.
3. Making thumb holes in your jumpers.
4. Being Myspace famous.
In 2006, it was all about the Myspace fame. In 2016, being Instagram famous was cool.
5. Plucking your eyebrows into teeny tiny sperms.
6. Kelly Osbourne.
7. Fake tan.
8. Changing the language setting of someone's phone into another language.
9. Watching movies on your iPod Nano.
10. Embarrassing email addresses.
11. Following specific fashion rules that were tailored to your body type, set by Trinny and Susannah.
12. Thongs that were pulled up so high they poked out of the top of your trousers.
13. Grainy selfies featuring the digital camera you took the selfie with.
14. Beauty and the Geek.
15. Polyphonic ringtones that you could buy out of an album sleeve.
16. Jumpers with shirt collars and cuffs sewn into them.
17. Straightening your extensions and backcombing your real hair.
18. Text speak.
19. Wearing a studded belt slightly off-centre.
20. Flip phones, especially the Motorola Razr.
21. Juicy Couture tracksuits.
22. And finally, concealing your lips.
In 2006, having lips was a closely guarded secret. In 2016, lips were out and proud.