Recently, we asked the BuzzFeed Community to show and tell us how they've memorialized their late pets. Their responses were beautiful, thoughtful, and incredibly creative! Here are some of our favorites:
1. A Christmas tree ornament
2. A commissioned pet portrait
3. Planting their favorite flowers in their favorite place
"My cat Cinnamon loved sitting on this dirt pile in our backyard and rubbing his face on the snapdragon flowers that were nearby. As he got older, he wasn’t able to reach over the brick wall to partake in his favorite past time. To make him happy, we would break off some flowers and put them on the dirt so he could do his thing. After he passed, we planted snapdragons so they touched the dirt pile and spread his ashes right where the dirt and flowers met. Now he’s always able to feel the sun and his favorite flowers."
4. A commemorative tattoo
5. Using their dog tag as a keychain
"I transformed my dog's tag into a keychain for my car keys. For me, its a sweet way to remember my boy even four years after he passed."
6. A Petsie
7. A personalized piece of art that represents their life
8. Making a quilt
"I made a memory quilt for my dog who passed away. She was 17 when she died, so the quilt has 17 hearts representing each year of her life."
9. A Fun tattoo that imagines your pets in a happier way
10. A necklace with a lock of their hair
11. "Retiring" their sports jersey
"My dog and I watched every Bears game we could together, so I 'retired' her jersey after she passed."
12. A globe made with their ashes
13. A tattoo of their nose print
14. Something that pays homage to their favorite activity
"My family’s dogs have all been hunting dogs. When they passed, my dad carved wooden duck decoys of the birds they hunted and put the dogs' ashes inside. Hunting was what my dogs loved to do, and the decoys constantly remind me of all the times we got to spend together enjoying the outdoors."