Have you ever seen a tattoo that was so harrowing it sent literal SHIVERS down your spine?
Well, I recently found this Reddit thread on cringey tattoos and this one on totally screwed up tattoos and felt like the responses were WAAAAAAAY too good to NOT share.
Here's what they had to say:
1. "I knew a guy who lost some bet with another group of friends and he had to get a tattoo of Scrat from Ice Age on his inner thigh...reaching for his nuts."
2. "Sayings, especially ones that span multiple limbs/areas."
"I was in the Army with a guy from Texas that thought he was hard as woodpecker lips. He had ‘Cowboy The [redacted] Up’ tattooed across his forearms (ostensibly so if he put his fists up to fight you, you would read it and...I don’t know, be scared or something?). But due to the size, he got 'COWBOY THE' on one arm and '[redacted] UP' on the other."
3. "Tattoos of brand logos. It's basically free advertising. At least email them and ask what they would pay you if you advertised for them until you die."
4. "Famous people. I get that you really are a fan of said famous person, but to permanently ink their face onto yourself is just wild IMHO."
5. "A cartel hitman got a pretty detailed back tattoo of a pretty unique murder scene, and when he was arrested and processed for something else entirely, the tattoo was so unique and obvious that it was a particular murder in question that he was arrested and convicted for the murder."
6. "I had a regular come into the shop once who was an older swinger type, and my coworker tattooed him. He got Pinocchio tattooed above his junk (with his penis as the nose) and script that said, 'Lie to Me.' I try not to judge tattoos, but...¯\_(ツ)_/¯"
7. "I knew of a guy once who had 'DUBSTEP' tattooed on his chest in VERY, VERY large letters. He also insisted that dubstep was the future of music and was here to stay."
8. "Couples tattoos, like portraits or names. It's always the people who've been together for five months and 'just know they're going to stay together forever.'"
9. "Just a couple days ago, 'Karna isn't a bitch' — spelled just like that — on some dude."
10. "Ones where the person gets a tattoo of someone using their belly button to replace the tattoo of a person's belly button (e.g. Buddha with a real belly button)."
12. "Armpit coochies. It’s when someone gets a woman's legs tattooed around their armpit hair. Yup."
13. "A defendant in the courtroom I've seen had 'Homicide' tattooed on his face, over his eyebrow. Not a great look."
14. "My artist said he tattooed a haunted house on some guy's ribs, and the dude insisted on hiding penises everywhere in it. So, the wrought iron fence had penises, and the spire, and the chimney had smoke with swirls that concealed penises."
15. "Lips on the neck. I get it, you've got an attitude problem and probably want to fight."
17. "Tattoos that are gifts from you to someone else. For example, 'For your birthday, I got your birth date tattooed on me!'"
18. "I've met the guy that had 'Party 'til impact' tattooed on his eyelids while intoxicated. I think he later had it removed."
19. "I once stood in line behind a lady who had, like, the bad tattoo parade going from the nape of her neck. She had 'Only God can judge me,' something in Chinese characters, and an ugly, faded, poorly-drawn crucifix."
22. "I've seen a woman with the Rolling Stones' lip-tongue thing inside of her armpit. Must have hurt like hell."
23. "Barbed wire around the arm that doesn't even go all the way because 'it hurt too bad.'"
And lastly (and not totally cringey, but worth noting, I'd say):
24. "I met a guy once who had a phrase in a foreign language on his arm. I asked him what it said, and he replied, 'Buy me a drink and I’ll tell you,' so I bought him a drink and asked again. It turned out it actually translated to 'Buy me a drink and I’ll tell you.' It apparently got him a lot of free drinks over the years."
Answers have been edited for length and/or clarity.