1. Frau (Leilani Hermiasih)
This amazing composer uses a digital piano to match her unforgettable vocals.
2. Neonomora (Ratih Suryahutamy)
She mixes today’s music with her 1930s, jazz-like voice, creating Indonesia’s first folk rock sound.
3. Aurette and The Polska Seeking Carnival
This is the type of music that’d be playing at a carnival somewhere in France, and it just makes you smile.
4. Answer Sheet
They’re a ukulele band (yes, a ukulele band) that met in high school. Enough said.
Glovves is taking R&B to the next level, with their whispery vocals, rhythmical beats, and cold guitar melodies.
This psychedelic rock band was partially inspired by Sigmund Freud. Yeah.
7. Banda Neira
Claiming “nelangsa-riang” as their genre, their innocently poetic lyrics are paired with folk-popish tunes.
8. Mr. Sonjaya
Since 2009, they’ve covered everything from swing-jazz to ballads to blues in ways that creatively addressed Indonesia’s political system.
9. Nada Fiksi
Nada Fiksi’s acoustic music is “comforting chaos”, covering every emotion in a single song.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- Donald Trump's pick for treasury secretary, Steve Mnuchin, was grilled by Democrats over his time leading a mortgage company that carried out over 36,000 foreclosures.
- Senegal says it has sent troops into Gambia in an attempt to remove President Yahya Jammeh, who has refused to step down since losing reelection in December.
- A majority of American adults get news from Facebook, according to a new survey by BuzzFeed, but only 18% of respondents said they trusted news from Facebook. ✋ 📰