1. Curiosity’s First Wide Panorama
Curiosity is having a siesta of sorts this weekend while she receives a “brain transplant” of sorts that will tweak how Curiosity drives, better image processing and how its robotic arm operates. The goal with Curiosity is to get it to create its own path based on the surface of Mars, rather than relying on maps transmitted from back home. We should be receiving more and better images next week, but in the meantime NASA has released this panoramic view stitched together by thumbnails.
2. Fantastic Lego Model of the Rover
Jet Propulsion Laboratory engineer Stephen Pakbaz helped to design the Curiosity rover in real life, but he didn’t stop there. He built this detailed Lego model for fun, but you can support it at the Cuusoo Project — where, if it garners enough support, it could become a new Lego set!
4. Mohawk Guy At NPR!
NPR sat down with our favorite Mohawk Guy and Adam Steltzner, the engineer in charge of Mohawk’s landing, to play a little “Not My Job” and answer questions about the Mars candy company. Listen to the interview and the game here to find out who won.
- Republicans have breathed new life into their once dead Obamacare replacement and it may be enough to get the bill through the House.
- People are calling the Trump administration's new "criminal alien" hotline to report how they've been victimized by space aliens 👽☎️
- Sebastian Gorka couldn't make it as a national security expert in Hungary, but that's not stopping him from advising President Trump.
- Chipotle is finally adding dessert to its menu and cinnamon, honey, and caramel butter dipping sauce will be involved 😋