1. Curiosity’s First Wide Panorama
Curiosity is having a siesta of sorts this weekend while she receives a “brain transplant” of sorts that will tweak how Curiosity drives, better image processing and how its robotic arm operates. The goal with Curiosity is to get it to create its own path based on the surface of Mars, rather than relying on maps transmitted from back home. We should be receiving more and better images next week, but in the meantime NASA has released this panoramic view stitched together by thumbnails.
2. Fantastic Lego Model of the Rover
Jet Propulsion Laboratory engineer Stephen Pakbaz helped to design the Curiosity rover in real life, but he didn’t stop there. He built this detailed Lego model for fun, but you can support it at the Cuusoo Project — where, if it garners enough support, it could become a new Lego set!
4. Mohawk Guy At NPR!
NPR sat down with our favorite Mohawk Guy and Adam Steltzner, the engineer in charge of Mohawk’s landing, to play a little “Not My Job” and answer questions about the Mars candy company. Listen to the interview and the game here to find out who won.
- Russian ambassador to the UN Vitaly Churkin has died after suffering from cardiac arrest this morning, a day before his 65th birthday.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- Senator Ron Wyden will soon introduce legislation requiring warrants before phones can be searched at the US border.
- A girl's best friend showed up to her date in a fake mustache to spy on her and it is the definition of friendship goals 😎