1. In 2012, a frog sat like a human.
2. And a cat also sat like a human.
4. A Slinky ran on a treadmill.
5. Mister Rogers got auto-tuned.
6. Butterflies drank a turtle’s tears.
In Ecuador’s Yasuní National Park, butterflies sip a yellow-spotted river turtle’s tears. The mineral-rich liquid helps the insects reproduce. In exchange, the reptile gets a good eye-cleaning.
7. Sloopy danced for his dinner.
9. A 3-year-old with cancer got his wish to ride an elevator and push all the buttons.
11. The best marriage proposal ever happened.
12. An orphaned elephant was taken care of.
13. A village made an entire orchestra from discarded trash.
14. Thousands of kids got to cover an all-white room with thousands of stickers.
Art installation by Yayoi Kusama.
15. Neglected ducks were rescued and got to see water and go swimming for the first time.
16. 3-Year-Old Christian Haupt threw out the first pitch at a major league baseball game.
17. Katy Perry sang “Firework” with Jodi DiPiazza, an adorable 11-year-old autistic girl.
18. Christian Bale visited the hospitalized victims in Aurora, CO.
20. A band serenaded a stranger with “I Want To Dance With Somebody”
Daryl asked Count’s lead singer Gabbi McPhee to marry him and she had to decline, but she offered him Whitney Houston to soften the blow.
22. A family reunited at a football game.
24. An animal-loving young cancer patient experienced the “Cat Immersion Project.”
26. Billy was rescued from a puppy mill.
28. This man got his final wish at a football game.
29. A puppy and kitten were both abandoned and became best friends.
30. And Santa was a UPS man.
- The U.S. Justice Dept. will seek the death penalty for Dylann Roof, the suspect in last summer's Charleston church shooting.
- Police are removing thousands of refugees from an informal refugee camp on Greece's border with Macedonia.
- A Pennsylvania judge has ordered Bill Cosby to face trial for a felony sex-assault case from 2004.