1. Real Life VS Counter Strike
How do they really compare?
2. Picking the right ammunition is key to real life shotguns
I tested out three different kinds of ammo to show you guys the difference.
3. Bird Shot
Bird shot is what most people think of when they think about shotgun ammo. Lots of tiny little pellets that spread out pretty wide at a distance. It’s great for bird hunting (as the name implies) or clay shooting but not so great for self defense.
A slug is basically a giant bullet that fits down a shotgun barrel. It has a lot of stopping power and is used for hunting deer or other large game. It can also be used for self defense. It doesn’t offer the kind of spread bird shot does so it requires a good deal more accuracy to use correctly.
5. Self Defense Shot
Most modern self defense shots combine slugs and buck shot (basically bird shot but with larger pellets). This provides the stopping power of a slug with the spread of buck shot. It’s what I, and many others, use for home defense. It’s likely what you’d use in a real life Counter Strike situation as well.
6. Counter Strike is actually pretty realistic
In Counter Strike it appears the shotgun is employing some kind of buck shot which is pretty common for tactical situations. It also looks like the spread is pretty realistic. That’s actually pretty admirable given the ridiculous way most movies & games depict shotguns mowing down a wide area with one shot.
Good job Counter Strike!
7. Watch the full video breakdown!
8. Watch the pilot episode of Games & Guns while you’re here!
Make sure you subscribe to my channel so you can see new livestreams every Tuesday & new episodes every Thursday!
- Arkansas has carried out the first double execution since 2000. The state had scheduled 8 executions before a key drug expires.
- "Stealthing," or purposefully removing a condom during sex without consent, has become a new trend. But victims say it is another form of assault.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔