1. A dad from Wisconsin is drawing laughs and praise online after he posed for a hilarious picture with his daughter’s boyfriend before the teens headed off to Homecoming.
2. Sharee Schock, a professional photographer and mom of four from Bangor, told BuzzFeed News that she snapped the picture of her 15-year-old daughter, Ricarra, and husband Benjamin earlier this month before the dance.
Sharee Schock with some of her other family members.
3. Schock said that she was taking pictures of Ricarra and her boyfriend, when Benjamin decided to go for the “photo bomb.”
“My husband had mentioned previously in humor that he would do to the boyfriend whatever was done to our daughter,” she said. “So he jumped in the picture and they posed for the picture.”
Schock said everyone was cracking up at her husband’s antics.
“My husband is a big-hearted teddy bear, so it was his way of being silly with a pinch of ‘I’m watching you. buddy,’” Schock said.
5. The online attention the photo has received has been overwhelming, Schock said, adding she can’t keep up with the messages she is receiving.
“We live in a small, country, close-knit community and have loved all the love and support we have received from all around the globe,” she said.
She added that her family is focused on having fun and being positive, especially since her husband is currently battling multiple brain tumors.
“We hope that above anything else this pictures shows the love and protective nature of a dad with his little girl, but in a playful and not-so-intimidating manner,” she said.
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.