2. The touching moment had everyone in tears at the Saturday wedding.
The couple’s photographer, Delia D. Blackburn, told BuzzFeed News that Brittany Peck’s father, Todd Bachman, was proceeding down the aisle when he suddenly stopped and walked over to her stepfather, Todd Cendrosky.
Blackburn said the guests clearly had no idea what he was doing.
“Everyone was a little bit concerned because there had been tension,” she said.
4. There wasn’t a dry eye in the house, Blackburn said.
“The groom was extremely happy,” she said. “The bride, she was in tears because this was a little bit of a struggle for her.”
Blackburn added that as a stepparent herself, the moment was very emotional.
“I had to tell myself to hurry up and get the shot because I was losing it,” she said.
5. After the wedding, Blackburn decided to share the photos and the family’s story to her Facebook page. They since have been shared more than 500,000 times.
6. The photographer said the response to the photos has been crazy, and said the message clearly struck a chord.
“It apparently touches so many families in America today,” she said.
She added that she has spoken with the newlyweds, who said they are glad to spread such a positive story.
“They are happy that their message is getting out for parents and stepparents [to get] along for the sake of their kids,” she said.
- The White House tried to stop Congress from publicly blaming Russia for election-related cyberattacks, BuzzFeed News has learned.
- Monday night's first presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton was a horse show for undecided voters.
- Former Israeli President Shimon Peres has died at 93. He was the country's longest-serving politician and statesman.