2. The touching moment had everyone in tears at the Saturday wedding.
The couple’s photographer, Delia D. Blackburn, told BuzzFeed News that Brittany Peck’s father, Todd Bachman, was proceeding down the aisle when he suddenly stopped and walked over to her stepfather, Todd Cendrosky.
Blackburn said the guests clearly had no idea what he was doing.
“Everyone was a little bit concerned because there had been tension,” she said.
4. There wasn’t a dry eye in the house, Blackburn said.
“The groom was extremely happy,” she said. “The bride, she was in tears because this was a little bit of a struggle for her.”
Blackburn added that as a stepparent herself, the moment was very emotional.
“I had to tell myself to hurry up and get the shot because I was losing it,” she said.
5. After the wedding, Blackburn decided to share the photos and the family’s story to her Facebook page. They since have been shared more than 500,000 times.
6. The photographer said the response to the photos has been crazy, and said the message clearly struck a chord.
“It apparently touches so many families in America today,” she said.
She added that she has spoken with the newlyweds, who said they are glad to spread such a positive story.
“They are happy that their message is getting out for parents and stepparents [to get] along for the sake of their kids,” she said.
- One of the nation's top legal groups is seeking a wide array of records from four federal agencies to challenge Trump's potential business conflicts.
- Notorious Mexican drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán has been extradited to the United States to face multiple charges.
- The turnout at Trump's inaugural concert was much smaller compared to the crowd that showed up for Obama's 2009 celebration.
- Gingers rejoice! A redhead emoji may be coming your way soon 🙌