Written for the spectacular Halloween issue of the gorgeous high fashion magazine Dark Beauty Magazine and republished here with the author's permission. Here is the article in its entirety as the season calls for some good Halloween reads and there is nothing better than reading good vampire books.
"Five greatest Vampire Novels Written in the Past 100 Years"
By Nikki Lyka
Halloween is the one time a year that everyone goes looking for horror movies, novels, and other odds and ends that are meant to terrify friends and loved ones. Unless of course, you're anything like me and for you it's Hallows Eve all year round. Here's a list for all of you that enjoy those blood sucking creatures of the night.
1. Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice
2. The Ouroboros Cycle: A Monster's Coming of Age Story by G.D. Falksen
3. Necroscope by Brian Lumley
4. Midnight Predator by Amelia Atwater-Rhodes
5. Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist
is an artist, blogger, circus performer, and all around lover of tea, tentacles, and many good books. She can be found in many places online, often quoting history and Lovecraft.