The 60-minute special will air just two days ahead of National Coming Out Day and Dan Savage, co-creator of the project, “will once again anchor the special, which will share stories and experiences of young people who are growing up LGBT.”
According to MTV:
In less than two years, the It Gets Better Project has turned into a worldwide movement, inspiring more than 50,000 user-created videos viewed more than 50 million times. To date, the project has received submissions from celebrities, organizations, activists, politicians and media personalities, including President Barack Obama, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Adam Lambert, Anne Hathaway, Colin Farrell, Matthew Morrison of “Glee”, Joe Jonas, Joel Madden, Ke$ha, Sarah Silverman, Tim Gunn, Ellen DeGeneres, Suze Orman, the staffs of The Gap, Google, Facebook, Pixar, the Broadway community, and many more.
Below are 10 of those inspiring messages from some of the biggest celebrities:
1. Nelsan Ellis
2. Janina Gavankar
3. Rutina Wesley
5. Jane Lynch and Dr. Lara Embry
6. President Obama
7. Zachary Quinto
8. Chaz Bono
9. Adam Levine
10. Stephen Colbert
Want to be apart of the conversation? Get involved on Twitter:
Tweet: New #ItGetsBetter special to air on @MTV, @LogoTV with @FakeDanSavage on 10/9/12
Watch the trailer for the special here. Again, the program airs Tuesday on October 9 at 11 p.m. EST on MTV and Logo.
- Donald Trump just announced he will "totally accept" the election results….if he wins.
- People are really pissed over this "Grab Her By The Brain" campaign based on Donald Trump's comments about women.
- Think before you trust Facebook: Hyperpartisan pages are posting false or misleading information up to 38% of the time 💻⁉️
- This guy casually sat in a flooding Starbucks during intense storms in Hong Kong and became the internet's newest hero.