6. At one point, the Looney Tunes literally stop what they’re doing and put on a movie that explains what basketball is.
7. Michael Jordan does a full-on shirtless scene.
8. Daffy Duck wore this, reminding you that Americans actually wore these clothes.
10. The whole film is a blatant joke about Michael Jordan’s real-life baseball career.
Jordan played on three minor league teams during his 1993-1994 run, originally starting with the Chicago White Sox.
11. The whole movie is full of Warner Bros. porn.
12. And Wayne Knight makes fun of Michael Jordan for having so many sponsors.
In one scene, Wayne Knight’s character says “”C’mon, Michael, it’s game time. Slip on your Hanes, lace up your Nikes, take your Wheaties and your Gatorade, and we’ll grab a Big Mac on the way to the ballpark [hot dogs]”.
13. Sylvester the cat only says “Sufferin’ Succotash” twice.
14. Bill Murray wore this umbrella hat throughout most of the film.
15. They made an “is it because I’m white?” joke.
Bill Murray: Do you think I have a shot in the NBA?
Bill Murray: Is it because I’m white?
MJ: Larry Bird is white.
Bill Murray: Larry isn’t white, he’s clear.
18. As a sensual Barry White song plays in the background, a therapist asks Patrick Ewing if he’s having trouble performing in bed.
The song is called Basketball Jones, and it was co-performed by comic Chris Rock.
23. There’s a Pulp Fiction reference.
Which included a 5-second overlay of Pulp Fiction’s theme song “Miserlou”.
24. At one point, THIS was the score, proving that the writers basically stopped trying.
Which somehow makes the movie even more perfect.
26. In the movie, Bill Murray is confused for Dan Aykroyd. #Ghostbusters
27. Michael Jordan extends his arm and dunks the ball from half court, winning the game for the Tune Squad.
This is the most magical moment in the film because MJ becomes a cartoon character himself, thus signifying his emotional connection to the Looney Tunes and the cartoon world.
29. MJ’s whole family was in the movie. Cute, right? Even though they were all replaced by professional actors…
His wife and children were merely extras, while Warner Bros. replaced their speaking roles with real actors.
30. The most touching moment of the film is when MJ is inspired to join the MLB after his father dies.
This is similar to Michael’s real-life decision to join Major League Baseball.
- The death toll from Oakland's warehouse party fire has risen to 24. Officials still need to search 80% of the building.
- After deciding to end her request for a statewide recount in Pennsylvania, Jill Stein announced she plans to take the issue to federal court Monday.
- The far-right candidate in Austria's election has lost the presidential race in a defeat for the global populist movement.
- "Saturday Night Live" spoofed Donald Trump retweeting weird people, just like the real president-elect 📱😂