1. You made a pilgrimage to this place
To recreate a classic album cover
2. Your bus to school looked like this
3. And there were few things more annoying than a bent Clipper Card
4. You got the Met (never Metrolink) into town
5. A shopping trip wasn't complete without a trip to Affleck's Palace
6. Where you'd stock up up on crushed velvet outfits...
7. Hair dye in every shade of rebellion...
8. Jasmine joss sticks for your bedroom...
9. A poster of that new band you liked...
10. And snigger at the vast array of condoms on sale in Rubber Plantation
11. You thought you were cool because you bought The Stone Roses' "Second Coming" from Vinyl Exchange
12. You remember when the Arndale Centre looked like a giant public toilet
13. Some of your friends lived in Ramsbottom
14. When it came to going out you were either regretting it already in Piccadilly 21s
15. Or at a foam party in Royales
16. Or pulling an all nighter at Jilly's Rockworld (though of course you called it Cockworld)
17. But your favourite club was the Ritz because of its springy dancefloor
18. All the boys thought they looked like this
19. But actually looked like this
20. As a young woman you were given a special invisible winter coat
21. Your school's idea of an educational field trip involved textiles...
22. Steam engines...
23. Or canals
24. And their idea of a 'fun' day out was a visit to
25. The price of getting a lift to school was to endure one of Steve Penk's 'hilarious' wind up calls on Key 103
26. But generally you were proud of your city's DJs
27. You knew which side you were on
28. And which boyband was the best
29. But above all, there was one thing you knew to be true
If you went outside...
It would be raining
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!