1. That moment you get your summons in the mail.
2. Trying your best to avoid it.
3. No matter how much you try, there is no getting around it.
4. Having to get up really early in the morning to serve your duty.
5. The second you arrive, you already have the urge to leave.
6. You try to follow the instructions that are given but you just have no idea what is going on.
7. Once everything is settled, you sit there waiting for what feels like all eternity.
8. You hope and pray that your name doesn’t get called.
9. *hears name over the speaker*
10. You are put into another room to wait some more.
11. You get nervous watching the attorneys select random names from a drawing because there is a chance it might be you.
12. *hearing your name get called a second time*
13. Being asked way too many questions by the attorney.
14. You try your best to give them the right answers.
15. Seeing the attorneys deliberating your answers.
16. At this point, you are feeling overwhelmed with everything.
17. Being told that you are free to go.
18. When you get a letter that exempts you from serving jury duty for another 8 years.
19. When you get to go home and forget the day every happened.
20. At the end of it all, you are honored to be part of a country that allows you to participate in such an important duty*
This post was created by a member of BuzzFeed Community, where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!