1. Facebook Status FAIL
Kyle bought a one-way ticket to internet stardom with this slick move and, as it turns out, a one-way ticket to the unemployment office.
2. Conducting An Orchestra FAIL
Public school teacher, Dorrit Matson, claimed to suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Which is all well and good if when you call in sick you don’t go, ya know, conduct an orchestra and stuff….
3. iPhone FAIL
A Swiss woman who claimed she was too sick to be in front of a bright computer screen was caught chatting on Facebook that same day. After being fired, she later said she only logged on via her (dimly lit?) iPhone.
4. Wrestling FAIL
High school teacher, Matthew Kaye, used his sick days to moonlight as an amateur wrestler known as “Striker.” When the school found out, he was indeed sacked but did score a piece in the New York Times (accompanied by maybe the most homo-erotic wrestling pic of all time).
5. Facebook Photo FAIL
Kevin, an intern on Wall Street, made the mistake of posting incriminating pics from a costume party the day he was supposed to need the day off. His boss attached the photo in an email stating “nice wand.” Ouch.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Some of Donald Trump's diehard supporters say they have mixed feelings about watching — much less paying for — Trump TV.
- The Obama administration delayed trans workers' protections for years after a landmark civil rights decision 🔎🌈
- A powerful magnitude-6.1 earthquake struck Italy Wednesday night, hours after a smaller magnitude-5.5 quake struck the same region.
- Facebook keeps promoting fake news. Experts say its trending algorithm can't stop it—and it could get worse ❌📰
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at