1. Facebook Status FAIL
Kyle bought a one-way ticket to internet stardom with this slick move and, as it turns out, a one-way ticket to the unemployment office.
2. Conducting An Orchestra FAIL
Public school teacher, Dorrit Matson, claimed to suffer from Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Which is all well and good if when you call in sick you don’t go, ya know, conduct an orchestra and stuff….
3. iPhone FAIL
A Swiss woman who claimed she was too sick to be in front of a bright computer screen was caught chatting on Facebook that same day. After being fired, she later said she only logged on via her (dimly lit?) iPhone.
4. Wrestling FAIL
High school teacher, Matthew Kaye, used his sick days to moonlight as an amateur wrestler known as “Striker.” When the school found out, he was indeed sacked but did score a piece in the New York Times (accompanied by maybe the most homo-erotic wrestling pic of all time).
5. Facebook Photo FAIL
Kevin, an intern on Wall Street, made the mistake of posting incriminating pics from a costume party the day he was supposed to need the day off. His boss attached the photo in an email stating “nice wand.” Ouch.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- A second wave of bomb threats sent to Jewish community centers in the evening brought the number of locations threatened on Monday to 29.
- Accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers fessed up to the massive Oscars oops that caused "La La Land" to be named best picture instead of "Moonlight" 🙊
- President Trump accused Barack Obama of organizing recent protests against him and leaking information from the White House to the press.
- Elon Musk announced that his SpaceX company will send two tourists around the moon by 2018 🚀🌝
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at