1. Curing a Sinus Headache With Electric Eels
The ancient Greeks believed that an aching head could be cured with a shock from an electric eel. Greek Theater=1, Greek Medicine=0.
2. Cure A Fever With The Ol’ Onion Foot
In Canada and the US, some believe that placing onions on a child’s feet will draw a fever out of the body.
3. Curing Cold Sores With Ear Wax
Some North Americans believe that cold sores can be cured by applying your own ear wax to them. Don’t limit your rep to the herpes kid, you can now be gross ear wax mouth guy too!
4. Cure a Cough By Greasing Up Your Feet
Another bizarre North American folk cure for a cough involves greasing up your feet in Vick’s Vapo Rub then throwing on a pair of thick socks. Of course, Vicks does not endorse this method.
5. Cure Malaria and Arachnophobia In One Go
In the UK, tablets of compressed spider’s webs were used to cure Malaria. In some cases, patients were told to eat the actual spider while it was alive!
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Arkansas has carried out the first double execution since 2000. The state had scheduled 8 executions before a key drug expires.
- "Stealthing," or purposefully removing a condom during sex without consent, has become a new trend. But victims say it is another form of assault.
- The same Russian hackers who interfered in the 2016 US presidential election are now active in German and French politics 💻
- A popular app changed the name of a filter after people complained it whitewashes them. The filter still lightens your skin though 🤔
Report an Issue
Drag to highlight one or more parts of the screen.
We got your feedback, and we'll follow up with you at