4. Medley of “attitude” fonts
5. Violating the Swiss Grid
6. Big Red Text on movie posters
7. The “I just learned Adobe Illustrator” look
8. The “funkiest bistro in Connecticut” look
9. Soothing corporate gradients
They don’t work on anything other than electronics ads, airline TV, and business hotel pamphlets. Putting this on a website is the easiest way to make it look like a B-rate scam site.
10. Deviant Art cybergoth circa 2002
11. Photo-manipulated selfies
Another great cliche of the early 2000s rave/EDM imagery.
12. Way too twee
Overkilled in 2007.
14. When clients suggest this
16. The Pen Tool in Photoshop
Yes, internet, a shameful admission: I suck at this thing.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Donald Trump was sworn in as the 45th president of the United States of America. 🇺🇸
- Anti-Trump protesters and police clash in Washington, DC, during the inauguration. Cars and storefronts have been vandalized, many arrests have been made.
- US officials didn't know drug lord Joaquín "El Chapo" Guzmán was being extradited from Mexico to the United States until the day it happened.
- And as many as eight survivors have been found after a deadly avalanche buried a hotel in Italy.