14. If you have these pencil boxes, you are a god.
15. Go hang out at the local stationary shop after school. Buy laminated cards of pop stars or cartoon shows.
17. He rents you Japanese Super Nintendo games.
Everyone learned how to read rudimentary Japanese this way or were horribly lost.
22. Sometimes the variety shows had good contestants.
23. Or you could go watch a movie at the theater –
26. But you have to stand up and sing the ROC national anthem before any movie. It’s the law.
33. That you’ll graduate elementary school listening to Mayday – the first major pop band to sing in your grandparents’ native tongue.
34. For now, you are just confused and happy, bright at the edge of the millenium, briefly, mercifully six years old.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- A 25-year-old has been identified as the suspected drunk driver who drove a truck into a crowd at Mardi Gras and injured over a dozen.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲