1. Charles Lindbergh was the first Man of the Year in 1927. Today, this cover has an asking price of $499 on eBay.
3. After his 1931 PotY feature, French PM Pierre Laval headed the Vichy regime and helped deport foreign Jews to Nazi camps. He was later arrested under Charles de Gaulle (1958 PotY), found guilty of treason, and executed by firing squads.
16. The Apocalypse is the Person of the Year in 2012.
This post was created by a user and has not been vetted or endorsed by BuzzFeed's editorial staff. BuzzFeed Community is a place where anyone can post awesome lists and creations. Learn more or post your buzz!
- Barack Obama holds his final press conference as president today.
- Scott Pruitt, Donald Trump's pick for EPA chief, refused to say at his confirmation hearing if he would recuse himself from lawsuits he filed against the EPA.
- It's official: Scientists announced today that 2016 was the hottest year on record and that greenhouse gases are to blame ♨️️🌍