1. Rhode Island held their annual PrideFest celebration over the weekend, but one moment stands out among the rest.
2. Starlie Becote brought her son, Jeffrey, over for a photo with JuJubee, a former contestant on RuPaul’s Drag Race. Not only did they take a photo, but it’s officially the most stylin’ moment from the entire day.
3. After the photo was posted to Facebook, Jeffrey’s mother added her personal thank you to the drag queen for making her child’s day.
That’s my baby Jeffrey. Thank you all for making his day brighter yesterday. He’s never met anyone else like himself and has been bullied for years. I am so proud of him for meeting such a cruel world with the biggest smile everyday. And juju he says he’s never washing that skirt and shirt because you held him in it. you have no idea what a difference you have made in his life!! Luv ya
5. JuJubee said of the moment: “It definitely was the highlight of my year!”
- Donald Trump broke with decades of US policy by speaking with the president of Taiwan Friday, a move that could anger China.
- A jury failed to reach a verdict Friday in the case of Michael Slager, a former South Carolina officer charged in the fatal shooting of Walter Scott.
- The CEO of Zenefits plans to step down after 10 months on the job. A legal mess nearly sank the company this year.
- A UFC fighter is asking people to crush apples with their bare hands 🍎💪