1. Last night during the 56th Annual Grammy Awards, 34 couples were married by Queen Latifah during Macklemore and Ryan Lewis’ performance – Madonna performed as well.
The weddings, which included same-sex couples, occurred during the pair’s LGBT anthem “Same Love.”
3. After it was cleared up that Queen Latifah was indeed ordained, emotions quickly took over.
11. So many #emotions, #feels, #tears.
15. BOOM! Love and equality – everyone is happy right?
16. Well… some people weren’t quite so moved, feeling the mass wedding was overly gimmicky.
19. Instead of tears, there were cringes-a-plenty.
23. Conservatives, including Fox News commentator Todd Starnes, saw the display as a direct attack on marriage.
28. A few people went into the performance bent on disliking it, but the feelings proved too strong.
30. So, was the wedding horrible or was everything else except the wedding horrible?
31. Even if people were unclear on their feelings, everyone agreed on one thing:
32. What do you think?
- Donald Trump said that his comments about Sweden were referring to a Fox News segment, not an actual incident in the country 🇸🇪🙃
- The CEO of Uber is investigating sexism and sexual harassment claims after a former employee said her reports were ignored.
- Geologists say they've discovered an eighth continent beneath New Zealand. "Zealandia" is 94% submerged underwater 🔎🌍
- The US ambassador to Somalia gave the country's new president a "Make Somalia Great Again" hat and the exchange was ~confusing~.