7. The group sang their biggest international hit, “Not Gonna Get Us.”
8. Given Russia’s current anti-LGBT laws, rumors of their performance caused quite a bit of confusion.
15. Later on, as the Russian Olympic team entered Fisht Stadium, the duo’s famous song was played again.
19. The ceremony’s director, Konstantin Ernst, said Tatu’s “Not Gonna Get Us” was chosen because it’s one of the only Russian pop songs “that international viewers might recognize.”
20. Unlike previous performances, the ladies did not share a kiss this time around.
- French authorities have begun moving thousands of migrants and refugees from the makeshift "Jungle" camp in Calais.
- Inside WikiLeaks: A former employee shares what he learned about Julian Assange (including his beef with Hillary Clinton).
- One week into the fight to take back Mosul, expectations for quick success have clashed with the reality of a bloody struggle ahead.
- An NFL player paid tribute to Harambe, the gorilla who died at a Cincinnati zoo, on his cleats.