7. The group sang their biggest international hit, “Not Gonna Get Us.”
8. Given Russia’s current anti-LGBT laws, rumors of their performance caused quite a bit of confusion.
15. Later on, as the Russian Olympic team entered Fisht Stadium, the duo’s famous song was played again.
19. The ceremony’s director, Konstantin Ernst, said Tatu’s “Not Gonna Get Us” was chosen because it’s one of the only Russian pop songs “that international viewers might recognize.”
20. Unlike previous performances, the ladies did not share a kiss this time around.
- Blue Lies Matter: How video finally proved that police officers lie — and why they get away with it.