2. His iconic grandmother was the founding international chairman of amfAR.
“I think it’s important to continue and expand upon the work of those who went before us. Our generation did not start the fight, did not institute the level of awareness, support, and research that exists today, but it is our responsibility to continue it. Awareness is crucial for support, research, and also for making smart choices, such as having safe sex.”- Quinn Tivey
3. Nearly 40% of all new HIV infections in the US are among the age group 13-29. To recognize this Advocates For Youth established today as National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day.
Today is National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day! #NYAAD @YouthAIDSDay http://t.co/WW9CfmKl0r— amfAR generationCURE
5. GenerationCURE hopes to help amfAR accelerate its search for a cure by creating the next, and hopefully last, generation of HIV/AIDS champions.
CORRECTION: National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day was designated by Advocates For Youth. An earlier version of this item misstated that fact. Additionally, the correct formatting is generationCURE and amfAR. The previous version rendered these names incorrectly. (4/11/13)
- Over two dozen people were injured after a truck crashed into a crowd at a Mardi Gras parade, New Orleans police said.
- President Trump said he will skip the White House correspondents' dinner. On Friday, he called the media "the enemy of the people."
- Moderate to severe coral bleaching continues to affect the Great Barrier Reef almost a year after the worst bleaching crisis in history.
- Here's the beef: Rapper Remy Ma dragged Nicki Minaj in a new diss track, and she fired back with a Beyoncé endorsement 😱