1. Cindy McCain, the wife of U.S. Sen. John McCain, is slated to appear in a play next month at the Herberger Theater in Phoenix that is centered around the Proposition 8 case.
3. Cindy and Meghan McCain appeared in “No on Prop. 8” advertisements in 2008.
Attorney Nicole Stanton, the wife of Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton, is also scheduled to appear in the play on May 7. The Phoenix Business Journal reported that the Republican senator has said in the past that he and his wife, as well as his outspoken daughter Meghan McCain, have differing views on gay marriage.
The Phoenix play is part of a national production tour for “8” with readings in countless other cities. The production is no stranger to having big names in the cast; Brad Pitt, Jane Lynch, George Clooney, George Takei, John C. Reilly, Martin Sheen, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jamie Lee Curtis and more have appeared.
5. Watch the star-filled promo:
- Six people died and more than 60 were injured in a spree of gun violence in Chicago over Memorial Day weekend.
- After announcing he had raised $5.6 million for veterans organizations, Donald Trump blasted reporters for asking critical questions about the money.
- The show "The Biggest Loser" is under investigation following a report that its contestants were given drugs to aid weight loss.