1. Cindy McCain, the wife of U.S. Sen. John McCain, is slated to appear in a play next month at the Herberger Theater in Phoenix that is centered around the Proposition 8 case.
3. Cindy and Meghan McCain appeared in “No on Prop. 8” advertisements in 2008.
Attorney Nicole Stanton, the wife of Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton, is also scheduled to appear in the play on May 7. The Phoenix Business Journal reported that the Republican senator has said in the past that he and his wife, as well as his outspoken daughter Meghan McCain, have differing views on gay marriage.
The Phoenix play is part of a national production tour for “8” with readings in countless other cities. The production is no stranger to having big names in the cast; Brad Pitt, Jane Lynch, George Clooney, George Takei, John C. Reilly, Martin Sheen, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jamie Lee Curtis and more have appeared.
5. Watch the star-filled promo:
- A 25-year-old has been identified as the suspected drunk driver who drove a truck into a crowd at Mardi Gras and injured over a dozen.
- Actor Bill Paxton has died at 61. He starred in classic films including "Twister," "Titanic," "Big Love," and "Aliens."
- The Nokia brick phone is making a comeback — reimagined with a colored screen, but the game Snake hasn't gone anywhere 🐍📲
- Tonight at 8:30pm ET, BuzzFeed is celebrating the biggest night in Hollywood, the Oscars, with a live show and tipsy game of bingo 🏆🍹