1. Cindy McCain, the wife of U.S. Sen. John McCain, is slated to appear in a play next month at the Herberger Theater in Phoenix that is centered around the Proposition 8 case.
3. Cindy and Meghan McCain appeared in “No on Prop. 8” advertisements in 2008.
Attorney Nicole Stanton, the wife of Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton, is also scheduled to appear in the play on May 7. The Phoenix Business Journal reported that the Republican senator has said in the past that he and his wife, as well as his outspoken daughter Meghan McCain, have differing views on gay marriage.
The Phoenix play is part of a national production tour for “8” with readings in countless other cities. The production is no stranger to having big names in the cast; Brad Pitt, Jane Lynch, George Clooney, George Takei, John C. Reilly, Martin Sheen, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Jamie Lee Curtis and more have appeared.
5. Watch the star-filled promo:
- Confused refugees question what's next as French authorities begin to clear out the Calais "Jungle" camp.
- Donald Trump keeps questioning polls and insisting he's winning — even as most show him behind nationally.
- Obamacare premiums will jump an average 25% in 2017, but officials say subsidies will keep costs low for most people.
- These parents came up with maybe the best dirty Halloween couple's costume ever. Parents ftw 😂👏