I attended the public opening reception to – honestly – try and see him in person. I did not. I did, however, hear a lot of things.
1. "This would only be reasonable if they were giving out free pizza."
3. "This is so depressing."
4. "Take a picture?"
5. "Take a selfie!"
6. "It will honestly be the best selfie of my night," said someone looking for James Franco.
7. "Just live your life, don't worry about what someone's doing on their phone."
When you get free wine, things can get pretty philosophical.
8. "Wait – okay turn to me, like you're talking to me."
9. "Oh my god! Why did my phone just turn off?" - Woman having an actual panic attack.
10. "I don't mind it... but I don't like it."
I then realized these individuals were not discussing Franco's work.